Last Updated 7 October 2020
We at the Organized Play Foundation are committed to protecting your personal information. This policy applies data gathered on organizedplayfoundation.org; its terms may not apply to offline contact between the Organized Play Foundation and volunteers. If you have entered into a separate agreement with the Organized Play Foundation (a licensing agreement, nondisclosure agreement, etc.) that agreement may include additional relevant information.
Each time you visit organizedplayfoundation.org or provide us with information, you are accepting the practices as described in the policy at that time. Please review this policy from time to time as we may update it periodically.
Information We Collect From You
To facilitate your volunteer activities, we may collect personal information (i.e. name, phone number, email address), and demographic information (i.e. country of residence). We retain personal information for up to 7 years for business purposes or as long as legal requirements mandate. If you do not provide certain account information, or withdraw consent for us to use it, we may not be able to provide some services to you.
Children Under the Age of 18
Children volunteers under the age of 18 are required to provide consent from a holder of parental responsibility. This person may review the child’s personal information, withdraw consent to use it, or have it deleted, by contacting email@example.com.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information you provide to send you information regarding your volunteerism in our member programs and to prevent fraud and spam.
We automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes your IP address, your browser and operating system, and details of how you used our website.
At some point in the future, we will have email capacity. If you opt into emails about Organized Play Foundation announcements, updates, and events, the Organized Play Foundation may send you emails about these topics on behalf of member companies. When implemented, you can opt-out of non-transactional emails on the Organized Play Foundation website. If you register to volunteer, you cannot opt-out of organizational emails for that event, though opting into events is on a per-event basis.
At some point in the future, we will have user accounts. If you add information to your user profile, it will be visible to the public. You can modify your user profile at any time.
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which the Organized Play Foundation or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents maintain facilities, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
How We Share Your Personal Information
In some cases, it is necessary for us to provide information particular to you to a third party.
- If you participate as a community volunteer in organized play programs, information about your participation is shared with the regional coordinator(s) responsible for your location for the sole purpose of administering organized play activities. The regional coordinator(s) may email you about your volunteerism. If you do not provide this information or withdraw consent to our sharing it for the above purpose, your ability to participate as a volunteer in Organized Play programs may be limited.
The Organized Play Foundation may disclose your personal information to other parties if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Organized Play Foundation or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Organized Play Foundation and its web sites, or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Organized Play Foundation, its web sites, or the public.
The Organized Play Foundation will not share your personal information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions stated above.
Access to and Control of Your Personal Information
You have the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current.
- Request a copy and/or edit any of the personal information you have already given us.
You can request the deletion of your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. (Some data will be anonymized rather than deleted; this means that some of the data will be held in a form that cannot be connected to you personally.) Please be aware that once we delete your data, we will be unable to “undelete” it. (Among other things, this means you will be unable to request follow up on any convention or event at which you volunteered)
Information Other Websites Collect From You
While many websites share information about your browsing activities with other services, the Organized Play Foundation does not.
Notice of Rights
Subjects in the European Union are advised of the following rights; The Organized Play Foundation gladly provides the same opportunities to subjects outside the European Union. (You may have other rights.)
- You may request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you.
- You may request restriction of data processing concerning you.
- You may request the personal data which you have provided us concerning you, and you may transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- You may object at any time to our processing of personal data concerning you and you may withdraw your consent for future processing.
- If you are a subject in the European Union, and you believe that The Organized Play Foundation’s processing of personal data relating to you infringes the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with your Member State’s designated supervisory authority.
Changes to This Policy
The Organized Play Foundation
7120 185th Ave NE Ste 120
Redmond, WA 98052-0577
Phone (425) 250-0800
Fax (425) 250-0801